Please make a selection from the Categories dropdown menu to refine your event search.
Farmers' Market - Thur 2 to 6 pm - Parking/Location Shift
- Date: 07/27/2017 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Location: Historic Schoolhouse Parking Lot
765 Portola Road
Portola Valley, California 94028
Portola Valley Farmers’ Market - Thursday from 2 to 6 pm
TEMPORARY PARKING/MARKET LOCATION SHIFT: for the next few weeks the market will shift to the South side of the Schoolhouse Parking Lot to accommodate the road-widening project on Portola Road (the south entrance to the parking lot will be closed). There will be plenty of parking near the Schoolhouse and in the tanbark parking area near the North entrance to the Town Center.
Have you been to the market lately? We have some new farmers you might like to meet!
NEW: Green Oak Creek Farm grows in the fields just beyond Pie Ranch on Hwy 1 and grows some of the most beautiful lettuce you have ever seen as well as dry farmed tomatoes, herbs, baby green and asst veggies.
NEW: Morsey’s Farmhouse brings us freshly made buffalo mozzarella, handmade by farmer/cheesemakers Julia Morsey and her husband. If you love buffalo mozzarella, you might be surprised to find that almost all of it comes from very far away, Italy and Columbia. Delicious yes but imagine what it tastes like FRESH and local? From California! It’s one of the newest California cheeses. Absolutely the stuff of dreams! Stop by the market and try some.
NEW: Echo Valley Farm brings us eggs from the tiny town of Loma Mar, close to Pescadero. Hens fed organic diet and pasture raised lay the healthiest and best tasting eggs available.
* Webb Ranch from Portola Valley brings us certified organic berries, stone fruits and tomatoes. Corn coming soon if not this week…..up to Mother Nature!
* Gallardo Organics from Salinas raises certified organic strawberries and an array of staple veggies like potatoes, onions, carrots, celery, beets, romaine, cabbage, chard and kale and heirloom tomatoes.
* Sunrise Farm brings us a most wonderful display of summer fruits - this week pluots, peaches, nectarines, plums, Valencia oranges and seedless grapes.
* JSM Organics brings us several varieties of certified organic strawberries and other berries.
* Victorian Farmstead Meats is back this week with organically raised farm meats and chickens from beautiful Sebastopol area.
* Windy Hill Eggs will be back soon, stay tuned….
* Stop by the HONEY booth for tastes of the bee-dazzling display of honey and…
* Fresh One Ocean Seafood and oysters. Loads of delicious specialty foods and freshly baked breads, pies and bakery goods including Flourchylde Gluten-Free Bakery.
* A new jewelry vendor, essential oils and body products and Earth’s Sister handbags. Ready to Eats: Roli Roti chicken, ribs and fingerlings. Tony’s Crepes and Kettle Corn.
MUSIC and activities:
Special guests this week: Mark Binion & Geoff Allen of BLUE providing great tunes for us all afternoon.
Portola Valley Library joins us weekly during the summer with reading incentives and kids crafts!
Portola Valley Farmers' Market