Please make a selection from the Categories dropdown menu to refine your event search.
Farmers' Market - 2 to 6 pm PLUS Petting Zoo
- Date: 06/14/2018 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Location: Historic Schoolhouse Parking Lot
765 Portola Road
Portola Valley, California 94028
Portola Valley Farmers’ Market
Every Thursday, year-round 2 to 6 pm - Rain or Shine
This week: We are expecting Webb Ranch to return to the market….and what’s for dinner? Lots of ready-to-eats including crepes, tacos, rotisserie chickens and more….
PLUS A SPECIAL EVENT sponsored by Friends of Portola Valley Library:
Little Explorers Petting Zoo: Thursday, June 14, from 2:30 to 4:30 PM. All ages welcomed.
Where can you see and hold an alpaca, pot belly pig, large tortoise, goats, sheep, chickens, ducks, and bunnies? At the library! Visit and feed animals from the Little Explorer's Petting Zoo. This program will be held next to the farmer’s market.
Certified Organic veggies include asparagus, artichokes, B sprouts, cilantro, parsely, romaine lettuce, broccoli, huge cauliflower heads, chard, kale, spring onions, fennel, carrots, celery, potatoes, artisan baby head lettuces (like flashy troutback, red butter lettuce and red oak leaf), baby spinach and tatsoi and more…
Strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, cherries, apricots, early white & yellow peaches and both white & yellow nectarines. We should see the return of Webb Ranch this week with Olallieberries. Navels, mandarins and lemons are still available. Smit Farm apples, jams and juices and also nuts!
OTHER FARM STUFF:
Pasture raised meats and chickens, bacon and sausage, grass fed beef hot dogs! All grass-fed and grass-finished. Pasture raised eggs and LOCAL HONEY! FLOWERS!
One Ocean Seafood has delicious fresh salmon and a great assortment of your favorite seafood.
* A Good Squeeze - Emily brings us freshly pressed juice blends loaded with vibrant color and packed with goodness.
* Nut ’n Bean takes nut butter to a whole new level, always something new and also they make seed butters like sunflower and pumpkin seed and assorted vegan spreads to eat on just about anything.
* Maggie’s got green eggs and jam: this week’s jam flavors include Strawberry, Purple Plum and Raspberry.
* Yums by Claudia brings us delicious dinner rolls, english muffins, pound cakes, toffee, cookies and pizza dough!
* Flourchylde Gluten Free Bakery has individual cakes, pastries & cookies, breads and crackers.
* Sasha from Clean Sweets brings us her favorite bakery treats all made without refined sugar or dairy. These are gluten free as well.
READY TO EATS:
* The Roli Roti Truck brings us free range rotisserie chicken, ribs, fingerling potatoes and B sprouts.
* Tony’s Crepes are back - Sweet and Savory delicious crepes made to order!
* Greek Table makes stuffed grape leaves, olives, artichoke salad, hummus and dips, pita and pita chips.
* Roti Samosas are in 6pk of veggie or chicken and crisp up in 5 minutes in the oven. Serve with their dips, chips and parantha breads, chutneys and pickle.
* Ce Patli makes delicious tacos, tamales, quesadillas and tostadas. All with handmade freshly ground blue corn tortillas. And fantastic vegetarian refrieds.
* Tables and chairs are set up and are usually next to the taco booth for enjoying all your market goodies!
CRAFTS: Route One Soaps and Lotions, Theo Jewelry and Earth’s Sister Handbags.
NEXT WEEK 6/21:First Summer Concert and Food Trucks beginning at 5:30 on the concert lawn over near the Library. Click here for more info!