Please make a selection from the Categories dropdown menu to refine your event search.
Thur 2 to 6 pm - Farmers' Market - Fogarty Winery Joins the Market PLUS Concert and Food Trucks
- Date: 08/16/2018 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Location: Historic Schoolhouse Parking Lot
765 Portola Road
Portola Valley, California 94028
Portola Valley Farmers' Market
765 Portola Road, PV
Every Thursday, year-round 2-6pm (2-5 winter)
plenty of parking next to the market and next door at the church
NEW EGGS! FIGS! FLOWERS! WINE! Fogarty Winery joins the market!
* EGGS: Sunrise Farm, our long time fruit vendor (stone fruit and citrus grower) is now bringing us eggs from their own farm near Fresno. They will also have the usual delicious, freshly picked peaches, nectarines, plums and Pluots, as well as champagne grapes, red flames plus yellow figs. Limes and lemons.
* Organic local fruits & veggies, berries and now flowers.
* PV Library joins us with kid crafts and books in front of the Historic Schoolhouse.
* Fogarty Winery joins us for concert day and beyond!
OTHER PRODUCE and FLOWERS:
* Webb Ranch is now in prime blackberry season! Also Ace, Heirloom and cherry tomatoes. All organic and from Portola Valley.
* Green Oak Creek will have strawberries, heirloom tomatoes, new girl tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, lettuce, Romaine, salad mix, arugula, flower bouquets, bush beans, broccoli, and cucumbers.
* Gallardo Organics and Esquivel Farm both has absolutely gorgeous field grown strawberries in singles, 3 pk and by the case. Plus between them, all the staple veggies you need to get through the week -
potatoes, onions, peppers and tomatoes, cucumbers and zucchini, celery, leeks, fennel, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, chard, spinach, lettuces, herbs and more.
* Smit Farm has fresh new crop apples, freshly pressed organic juices, nuts and more.
* Forever Bloom Farm has stunning mixed bouquets ready-made and you can also ask for a custom bouquet:)
* Skyline Honey has delicious, local honey and the last of the fresh picked lavender for the season.
READY TO EATS:
* Ce Patli is back this week with tacos, tostadas, and quesadillas on the amazing organic handmade blue corn tortillas and all dolled up with your choice of their own special sauces that make these so very delicious!
And tamales made from organic freshly ground corn. Vegan options always on the menu.
* Roli Roti Rotiserrie chicken and potatoes, the original great granddaddy of the food truck industry! Roasting delicious free-range local chickens on the go since 2002. Plus they have Butcher’s Bone Broth (ask the cook & driver, it’s in his fridge!).
* Nut ’n Bean has flavored nut butters, bean hummus and a selection of vegan dips made from sunflower seed or cashew.
* Roti Samosa has oven ready, vegan or chicken samosas in a 6pk and lots of chutneys and dips to go with plus Naan bread and a selection of other snacks!
* Greek Table makes a multitude of hummus flavors plus stuffed grape leaves, artichoke salad, garlic dips, pita bread and chips.
Bakery goods abound….Little Sky Bakery freshly baked breads and brioche, Yums by Claudia rye bread, cookies and pastries, Shampa’s pies, Lunchbox Bakery sesame mochi balls, granola and energy bars, and an entire selection of the very best gluten-free bakery items available in the Bay Area from Flourchylde Bakery.
Also, this week: pizza dough at the Yums by Claudia booth. You have to ask…it’s in her freezer.
CRAFTs this week: Body & Soul Apothecary and Earth’s Sister.
CONCERT THIS WEEK:
Funk, Latin, Reggae music plus Sam’s Chowderhouse and Roger’s Burgers.
(over by Town Hall on the Performance Lawn. Concert 6-8pm and food trucks from 5:30pm...)
More info here.
Back next week 8/23: Victorian Farmstead Meats, Tony’s Crepes, Theo Jewelry.
Back on the 30th: Big Paw Olive Oil and Paradise Valley California-Raised Wagu Beef.
Maggie Foard, operator
Portola Valley Farmers’ Market