Please make a selection from the Categories dropdown menu to refine your event search.
Farmers' Market - 2 to 6 pm PLUS PV Planning Dept and Food Demo
- Date: 09/13/2018 2:00 PM - 6:00 PM
- Location: Historic Schoolhouse Parking Lot
765 Portola Road
Portola Valley, California 94028
Portola Valley Farmers’ Market
Every Thursday, year-round 2-6pm (2-5 winter)
plenty of parking next to the market and next door at the church
This Thursday, PV Planning and Building will be at the market 2:30 – 4:30 pm to talk about Accessory Dwelling Units (ADUs/second units) and the upcoming Planning Commission study session on October 3rd. Come tell them what you’d like to see, or take a turn rolling their inflatable ADU dice to see the many possible futures of ADUs in Town!
Also this week:
* Organic local fruits & veggies, eggs, berries and Fogarty Wines.
* One Ocean Seafood has wild, local salmon and lots of fresh seafood. Call or text Patrick to order ahead (650) 222-8685
* Green Oak Creek has artisan lettuces, heirloom and new girl tomatoes, strawberries, bouquets of field flowers, delicata & red kuri squashes, turnips, beans, broccoli, garlic, apples, cucumbers and now pickles!
* Paradise Valley Wagu Beef is with us this week!
* Shampa’s Pies will be with us this week.
* Forever Bloom has knock-out gorgeous sunflowers, dinner plate dahlias, zinnias and lots more!
AND a food demo by Chef Laura Stec of Innovative Cuisine sponsored by Bianchini’s Market.
OTHER PRODUCE and FLOWERS:
* Webb Ranch has raspberries and blackberries! Also Ace, Heirloom and cherry tomatoes. AND those amazing Webb Ranch sun-dried tomatoes, red or yellow. All organic and from Portola Valley.
* Green Oak Creek will have strawberries, heirloom tomatoes, new girl tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, lettuce, Romaine, salad mix, arugula, flower bouquets, bush beans, broccoli, cucumbers, winter squash.
* Gallardo Organics and Esquivel Farm both has absolutely gorgeous field grown strawberries in singles, 3 pk and by the case. Plus between them, all the staple veggies you need to get through the week - potatoes, corn, onions, peppers and tomatoes, cucumbers and zucchini, celery, leeks, fennel, broccoli, cauliflower, kale, chard, spinach, lettuces, herbs and more.
* Forever Bloom Farm has stunning mixed bouquets, large and small, ready-made and you can also ask for a custom bouquet:)
* Skyline Honey has delicious, local honey and also freshly harvested lavender buds for cooking!
Specialty Foods and Ready to Eats:
* Roli Roti Rotiserrie chicken and potatoes, the original great granddaddy of the food truck industry! Roasting delicious free-range local chickens on the go since 2002.
* Ce Patli tacos, tamales, quesadilla and handmade blue corn tortillas.
* Nut ’n Bean has flavored nut butters, bean hummus and a selection of vegan dips made from sunflower seed or cashew.
* Roti Samosa has oven ready, vegan or chicken samosas in a 6pk and lots of chutneys and dips to go with plus Naan bread and a selection of other snacks!
* Greek Table makes a multitude of hummus flavors plus stuffed grape leaves, artichoke salad, garlic dips, pita bread and chips.
* Bakery goods abound…Little Sky Bakery freshly baked breads and brioche, Yums by Claudia has handmade english muffins, big fat dinner rolls, biscuits, gorgeous whole grain seedy rye bread and pound cakes, sesame mochi balls, peanut brittle, granola and energy bars and an entire selection of the very best gluten-free bakery items available in the Bay Area from Flourchylde Bakery and now, back at the market, Spoon and Spatula Bakery with animal crackers, goldfish, big cookies, granola, rice krispy treats and now jams!
Crafts this week: Body and Soul Apothecary
Back next week: Victorian Farmstead Meats, Amador Barn Owl Houses, Earth’s Sister, Theo Jewelry.