The mission of Portola Valley staff is “to provide exemplary customer service, responding to the needs and concerns of the citizens of Portola Valley. Working as a team, we show respect and cooperation among ourselves and with those we serve, in a safe and supportive environment.”
Public Works Summer Intern
- Salary/Pay Rate:$12.00 - $15.00 per hour
- Posted Date:06/07/2018
The Town of Portola Valley, Public Works Department, is starting a summer internship program to further instill a sense of community pride, accomplishment, and belonging for those young people who want to be more involved. Interns will get an opportunity to learn about local government, get introduced to the world of work, and contribute to the work that keeps Portola Valley a desirable place to live. Employment would be part-time at up to 20 hours per week between June 11, 2018 – August 11, 2018.
As an intern for the Public Works Department maintenance section, you’ll play a role in maintaining the Towns Roads, Trails, Buildings, Parks, Open Space, and Athletic Fields. Examples of types of work include trail and roadway maintenance, event set up, upkeep of public facilities and streets, and removing of debris.
The Towns Public Works Department will employ up to 2 Town of Portola Valley Youth.
- Must be a Town of Portola Valley resident
- Must be 18 to 22 years of age
- Must be an active student
- Must have a valid California's driver's license or State I.D.
- Must be able to do physical labor outdoors under supervision (shovel, sweep, clean, paint etc.)
- Up to Nine (9) week program (2018 program begins June 11, 2018, through August 11, 2018). Schedules can be flexible to accommodate summer activities.
- Twenty (20) hour work week, $12.00 -$15.00 per hour, non-benefitted
- Examples of types of work include mowing trails and roadways, cleaning streets, public facilities, picking up and removing debris, event set up.
- Location of work will vary throughout the Town of Portola Valley on Town owned property.
- Interns will also have an opportunity to be a participant in the regions intern learning forums scheduled for July 25 and August 2, 2018.
Fill out and submit an employment application or request one by email. If you have any questions about the forms or about the application process, please email Public Works Director Howard Young at firstname.lastname@example.org.