Info from August 16th Home Security Discussion
Home Security Discussion
Information from Meeting held on Tuesday, August 16th
For those unable to attend the Home Security/Neighborhood Watch event on Tuesday, August 16th, below is some useful information:
1. Contact information for the deputies and detectives who were present:
Sergeant Kristina Bell
Sergeant Todd Finato
Detective Jonathan Sebring (assigned to Portola Valley/Woodside)
Detective Andy Armando (assigned to Portola Valley/Woodside)
Deputy Ronald DeRespini (Community Policing/School Resource Deputy for Portola Valley)
(650) 257-3403, ext. 9
2. If you are interested in starting a neighborhood watch, feel free to contact Deputy DeRespini; he will attend your neighborhood watch discussion meetings and help you set one up.
3. Links to the PowerPoint presentation and handouts from the event:
4. If you see something out of place, feel free to call 911 or the non-emergency line at 650-363-4911 (if you want to talk to a live person, push “1”). All the officers present emphasized that you are never “bugging” them when you make such calls, and they appreciate any information that might help solve a crime in the future.
5. A video of the event will be posted online shortly.
6. We have created a new eNotification category entitled “Town Safety.” If you are interested in receiving information on sheriff, fire, and other public safety activity in town, feel free to sign up here, and click on “Town Safety.”
A reminder: the Town Council will be discussing Automatic License Plate Readers (ALPR’s) at their September 28th meeting. I encourage you to attend; if you cannot, you can send your thoughts to Town Manager, Jeremy Dennis, or any member of the Council.