The Town Council is responsible for the majority of the Town's governmental functions. The Town Council:
- Receives and budgets all revenues
- Appoints the Town Manager, Town Attorney, Advisory commissions and committees, and establishes salary ranges
- Adopts ordinances, policies and regulations
- Grants franchises
- Considers appeals from decisions of the Planning Commission, Architectural and Site Control Commission, and Town Manager and may affirm, reverse or modify these decisions or findings
- Establishes fee schedules and charges for municipal services
- May buy, lease and hold real and personal property for the Town
- Has the power to declare an emergency
Council meetings are open to the public and are held on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays at 7:30 pm in the Historic Schoolhouse. To view links to available Agendas or Minutes, select the Meeting Date from the Minutes and Agendas page. You may also subscribe to receive e-notices of upcoming meetings via our Subscribe to Notices page.
Town Council Members
Please note that email communications made to Town staff and/or Councilmembers are considered public documents and are therefore subject to disclosure.
The Town Council Members are elected officers identified in Government Code Section 87200 and file statements of economic interests with the Town Clerk's office. Copies of the statements of economic interests filed by the elected officers may be obtained by visiting the offices of the Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC) or the Town Clerk. The physical address of the FPPC is 428 J Street, Suite 620, Sacramento, California 95814. The physical address of the Town Clerk's office is 765 Portola Road, Portola Valley, California 94028. The statements of economic interests for some state and local government agency elected officers may be available in electronic format on the FPPC's website at http://www.fppc.ca.gov/.
To review the Town's Conflict of Interest Code, please see Chapter 2.36 of the Town's Municipal Code.