Neighborhood Clean-Up Day
- Date: 08/03/2019 8:00 AM - 11:00 AM
- Location: Historic Schoolhouse Parking Lot
765 Portola Valley
Portola Valley, California 94028
Neighborhood Cleanup Day
Saturday, August 3rd, from 8 to 11 am
Please note: No items will be accepted after 11 am
Please review the sample postcard and load your vehicle accordingly! This event is free for Portola Valley residents - you will need to bring a copy of your GreenWaste garbage bill or the "original" postcard received in the mail as proof of residency. GreenWaste is asking that residents containerize or bundle their yard trimmings.*
* A Sheriff’s Office Deputy will be at the event to collect old medications.
* Please note - Goodwill will NOT be collecting donations at this Cleanup Day. The Town and GreenWaste are searching for a new partner. In the meantime, please use this search tool to look for alternate donation options.
* Hazardous materials are NOT accepted. The sample postcard describes the kinds of things that are accepted, as well as those items that are not. Please note that hazardous materials will not be accepted at this Neighborhood Clean-Up Day event.
Please call the County of San Mateo Household Hazardous Waste Program at 650.363.4718 or visit the County's website to schedule a drop-off appointment. Also, you may wish to note that the Town will sponsor a Household Hazardous Waste Disposal event here in Portola Valley on October 13, 2018.
*Containerizing or Bundling = branches bundled together with rope or twine and loose leaves and clippings containerized in bags or carts. Bundled or containerized yard trimmings makes loading the material into trucks safer for GreenWaste’s staff and helps the Clean Up run smoothly and efficiently.