Ad Hoc Wildfire Preparedness Committee Holds First Meeting
Post Date:07/10/2019 8:31 AM
On July 2nd, the
Ad Hoc Wildfire Preparedness Committee held its first meeting in the Historic Schoolhouse.
At the meeting:
- Members Michael Tomars and Dale Pfau nominated as Chair and Vice Chair;
- Three Subcommittees were created:
- Resident Communications and Outreach/Evacuation Routes – Dale Pfau (Chair), Lynne Davis, Lorrie Duval
- Home Hardening/Insurance/Infrastructure Back-up – Jeff Aalfs (Chair), Danna Breen, Al Sill, Karen Vahtra
- Vegetation Management/Defensible Space – Marianne Plunder (Chair), Danna Breen, Michael Tomars, Karen Vahtra
- Early August was identified as a possible time for the next full committee meeting.
Subcommittees are expected to begin their work in the coming weeks.