Town of Portola Valley Emergency Operations Plan (EOP)
Download a PDF of the EOP here.
The Town is required by state law to retain and implement an Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) during training and exercises and in an emergency. The EOP is the base plan that establishes policies and procedures and assigns responsibilities to ensure the effective management of emergency operations within the Town of Portola Valley during an extraordinary emergency or disaster. It provides information on the emergency management structure including how and when the Emergency Operations Center (EOC) is activated. It is designed to be consistent with Homeland Security Presidential Directive (HSPS-5), the National Incident Management System (NIMS), the California Standardized Emergency Management System (SEMS), Incident Command System (ICS) requirements and the California Emergency Service Act.
To be consistent with county, regional and state emergency management efforts, staff utilized a template provided by the San Mateo County Office of Emergency Services to develop the Town’s draft EOP. The template was created by city and town emergency coordinators throughout the County in May 2015 and was accepted by the County Emergency Services Council JPA and the County Board of Supervisors. The template reflects the nationally recognized best practices in an EOP describing the emergency management phases in brief and incorporating annexes and appendices that contain the detailed actions needed based on the type of disaster. On January 11, 2017, the Town Council of the Town of Portola Valley adopted the Town's Emergency Operations Plan, which is divided into a Basic Plan and appendices/annexes.
The EOP is divided into two parts:
1. EOP Basic Plan - the policies and procedures to be adopted by the Council through Resolution.
2. Appendices/Annexes - resources, references and practices that will be modified and changed based on necessity, availability and current activities.
EOP Appendices & Annexes
- Town of Portola Valley Emergency Contact Information
- Town of Portola Valley Emergency and Protection Ordinance
- Town of Portola Valley Disaster Service Workers Resolution
- County of San Mateo Hazard Vulnerability Assessment
- County of San Mateo Hazard Mitigation Plan
- County of San Mateo Public Works Mutual Aid Agreement
- County of San Mateo Emergency Functions Annexes